MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks and MAC Prep + Prime Review

Hey Everyone!




If you follow me on twitter, you can sometimes see me tweet about MAC Retro Matte lipsticks. I love their velvety texture and rich colour. Ruby Woo was my first Retro Matte lipstick and is my favourite. I love pairing these with lip liners and sometimes lip creams or lip glosses to add another level of rich colour.

Photos and Swatches!
From Left to Right: MAC Ruby Woo, Relentlessly Red, All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous 

From Top to Bottom: MAC Ruby Woo, Relentlessly Red, All Fired Up, Flat Out Fabulous 

MAC Prep + Prime


Shade:
Ruby Woo
  • rich vibrant blue toned red
  • paired best with lip liners:  MAC Cherry, Annabelle Cherry, MAC Burgundy
  • I always get compliments and I think it is my favourite MAC lipstick
Relentlessly Red
  • neon red coral 
  • paired best with lip liners: MAC Cherry, Annabelle Cherry, MAC Burgundy
All Fired Up
  • bright vivid fuchsia
  • paired best with lip liner: MUFE 16C
Flat Out Fabulous
  • vivd magenta
  • paired best with lip liner: MAC Magenta 
Application:
1) apply lip balm and let absorb into lips
2) apply prep + prime - let sit on lips alone for 1 minute
* Prep + Prime completely changed my routine for these lipsticks. Well worth the money! 
3) apply lip liner
4) apply lipstick
5) optional: apply gloss of lip cream


Pros:
  • pigmented
  • bold shades
  • shades are complimentary on a variety of skin tones
  • long wearing
  • with the addition of the MAC Prep  + Prime, my lips truly stay hydrated and very comfortable for about 8 hours. 
  • layers well with lip creams and glosses
  • price - well worth the $20
Cons:
  • if do not prep lips well, can be drying 

Overall, I suggest everyone to pick up at least one of these shades. I promise these are worth all the money and its hard to find shades this vibrant for $15 - $20 as well as long lasting. I hope MAC introduces more shades to this collection. I would love to see more interesting shades. 


You can find these products at:

* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 


Comments


  1. Amazing Article really happy to say it was an interesting post. Thanks For Sharing.haute her advanced makeup tips

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts