Blogging Hiatus - Where Have I Been?

Hey Everyone!



It's been a while since I have blogged on here. I think the last time I shared a blog post was back in October 2017! For today's post, I wanted to share why I have been away and what I have learned from my time being gone. Perhaps this post may be filled with rambles and random tangents but I think all of you are probably used to that with me. :)


My Hiatus:

Life has been crazy but it's been great. Both 2017 and 2018 were filled with exciting changes and some challenging moments. Regardless of what has come my way, I have learned a lot and grown from these experiences. I knew after graduating there would be a lot of self discovery, growth and change but I guess i didn't anticipate to the extent it did. I think for myself, I wanted to allow this time to learn more beyond what can be taught in a classroom and allow myself to be more in the moment.
I love social media and using different platforms but at times using social media began to feel more like a burden than delight. I still use and love social media but it can make you look at things, including yourself, differently - not always in a good way. It became a source of stress and even with this blog, I didn't have the time nor energy to post on here. I didn't plan to be away for as long as I did but I wanted to allow myself to come back to this blog feeling more relaxed. I didn't want to feel I had to get a post out by a deadline and think of views, reach etc. Sometimes I wanted to share a blog post but I was so focused on making sure it was perfect and I never felt as though what I was posting anymore was good enough to be shared. As well, I learned to keep up with certain blogging niches such as beauty, it may cost money to always be buying new products to review.  I never got to enjoy the products I was using as I was buying just to review but not to enjoy and use. Furthermore, I sometimes felt overwhelmed with new products coming out so often and felt as though I couldn't keep up. It's honestly first world problems but still annoying regardless.


My Blog:

I know for some, they enjoyed my little blog. It's nothing big but its still here haha! Here I posted about beauty fashion and food. I eventually started to share more about lifestyle, advice and other interests.  You may have noticed that on my Instagram more, especially in my insta-stories. I didn't want to feel stuck in three topics as I believe I have lot more to offer. I still love beauty fashion and food but i think going forward I want to share things that make me feel happy and inspired - sounds like a instagram quote but it's true! I am still unsure what exact direction I want to take this blog as I still need time to figure that out. I have thought about moving platforms as I am not 100% thrilled with this exact site. For now, I may post more on instagram even though I haven't been posting as much. I enjoy instagram's stories as I can share quick snapshots of my interests.


I guess that is all for now! I appreciate for anyone who has taken the time to read this quick post.
I thought about writing more but I think for now, this is good enough.


Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/blushingrosexo/



Hannah , xo












Comments

Popular Posts