Blushingrosexo Third Bloggerversary: A Honest Reflection

Hey Everyone!

Today I wanted to share an honest reflection about my blogging experience to celebrate my third bloggerversary. These past three years have been wonderful and I am a thrilled I pushed myself to start this blog. This post may be a bit of a ramble but I want this to be as honest and authentic as possible.

I have always been self conscious about my writing capabilities, which was definitely one of the reasons why I held back from starting a blog. I guess I was scared of people commenting on my blog and criticizing my writing. Obviously, not everyone is going to be a fan of my written work but I still wish I did not let that fear hold me back. As well, no one owes me anything, including constant praise. Anyways, I decided on April 24, 2014 that I was not going to let that fear hold me back and I was going to start my blog. Superficially, this blog about lifestyle, beauty, fashion and food; however, this blog holds a deeper meaning for myself. This blog is about setting myself free of my own fears and the social comparison I may encounter. This blog is about getting out of my comfort zone and pursuing something I thought I could never do nor achieve. As well, this blog is about focusing on quality and not quantity. I may not have the biggest following but that does not mean I do not have great connections with everyone on here or on my Instagram. I may not have the most posts but I am proud of what I have shown on here.

Blogging definitely has had its challenges and sometimes I allowed those negative things to affect me. Back when I focused on the numbers, I was not as motivated to blog or post on Instagram. When I focused on those details, I did not allow myself to enjoy the experiences nor learn from them. Sometimes my posts did not receive the amount of views that I want nor the amount of likes I wanted but that does not mean I needed to reduce their value to a number; my blog and Instagram posts are worth more than a number as shown on the screen. Yes, I may not get invited to local events nor have had the same amount of connections with companies as other bloggers but again, that does not mean I am worth less. Have I experienced some discrimination because my numbers were not the largest? Absolutely. Did it hurt at the time? Absolutely. Do I let it affect me anymore? Absolutely not. There is significantly more competition these days on social media as compared to when I started; if I continued comparing myself as I had done before (not always but I definitely did sometimes), this blog would have been deleted a long time ago. I have learned it is important to surround yourself with people who support you. Followers will come and go but those who you have genuine connections with will stay. Those people on my blog/Instagram know who they are and all I can say is thank you for all the support.

So what is the future for me and this blog? I plan to blog more and post more on my Instagram. As well, I am considering pursuing something else related to my blog but I am not 100% ready. Give me time people haha! I also have some cool things happening - fingers crossed I can share with you all in the near future! If you know me in real life, you may know what it may be. I want to share that when the time is right so no one go on my social media and comment about it just yet haha!

If you have made it this far, congrats on getting through this ramble-fest of a post! I thank you all again for everything and hope we can continue supporting one another.

Cheers Everyone!

P.S. If you are interested in reading my first blog post, I will link it here!

Hannah, xox

*Previous blog post here!

*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter
Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts