Beauty Babble #1: Need New Contour Products and Brushes

Hey Everyone!


Today I wanted to talk about contour products! Everyone loves a good contour!  I do enjoy contouring but I do not do it everyday. I usually wait for a special occasion to contour but there are those random days where I will contour my face a little. I usually like a very natural contour, especially around my nose. If i do contour my nose, it is to add definition rather than slim it down. I have never been a fan of intense contouring on myself, as it can appear very harsh on my fair skin.

When I do contour, I use the NYX Cosmetics Taupe blush. I do enjoy using this product but lately, it has not been my absolute favourite product to use. Sometimes Taupe blush can appear too ashy or dark on my skin. I think it needs a bit more warmth to make it work on me 100%. I think perhaps this is because my skin is more neutral with some warmth and considering this product is more cool toned, it can appear gray on my skin. I have tried different brushes but I am still not satisfied with the results. Considering it is Spring already and Summer will eventually be here, natural lighting makes makeup more apparent on my skin.

I have considered purchasing another powder contour that better suits my skin tone. Kevyn Aucoin's "The Sculpting Powder" in the shade medium looks promising. I know a few other shades were released within that range. Considering that now, I am stuck between light and medium. I have heard people say light is worth trying out instead of medium for lighter skin, but I have also heard to just stick with medium. NARS cosmetics also has contouring products featuring contour and highlight. I need something simple for contouring. As well, should I consider cream contour instead of powder or with the powder contour products? I know Kevyn Aucoin has a cream highlighter and contour duo and Nudestix just released a contour product. Perhaps I need to consider those options as well. I am glad I live near a Sephora and have access to their website haha ;) !

In terms of brushes, I normally use MAC 109 or Laura Mercier Cheek Colour brush to contour my majority of my face. If I contour my nose I use a smaller brush like the MAC 217 or my Laura Mercier Cheek Colour brush (for quick light dusting of contour). I am considering purchasing other brushes such as the ELF Stipple brush or splurging on another MAC brush.


I hope this post was fun! Let me know what your thoughts about contour and any suggestions you may have! I try and post frequently on my Instagram (if not here) including on my Insta stories. I sometimes do first impression reviews on there featuring some makeup products. As well, I share my daily thoughts, including those regarding makeup! Feel feel to join in! I would love to hear from you :) !




Previous Posts:
The Unpopular Nail Polish Opinions Tag!
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-unpopular-nail-polish-opinions-tag.html

VANCITY VIRTUAL POTLUCK:  MINI OREO CHEESECAKES
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/03/vancity-virtual-potluck-mini-oreo.html

FASHION POST: TRENCH COATS
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/01/fashion-post-trench-coats.html
FASHION POST: WOOL KNITS, SWEATERS AND WOOL CASHMERE COATS FEATURING ARITZIA
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/01/fashion-post-wool-knits-sweaters-and.html


* This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !

Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts