6 Easy Steps to Achieve Fresh Minimal Makeup

Hey Everyone!

Today I am sharing tips to achieve a fresh minimal makeup look! It is perfect of the warmer weather. If you love glowy-natural makeup, this is for you! I am focusing on the techniques here instead of the products. I can list some recommended products to use but ultimately, you can use whatever products you like to achieve this look.

Face:
1. After cleansing and toning your skin, apply sunscreen, facial moisturizer and eye cream. Essentially this can "make or break" your whole look. If you prep your skin well, your makeup will last longer and appear more natural. It is important to add lip balm to moisturize your lips.

Recommended Products: I have sensitive dry skin and I enjoy Vichey, Cetaphil, Avene and  La Roche-Posay skincare. They help me achieve my healthy glowing skin.

2. Apply a sheer foundation, mineral foundation or tinted moisturizer. It is important to get the right formula for your your skin type. As well, make sure the ingredients of your face makeup mix well with your skin care; if you are using a water based moisturizer, you need to use a water based foundation or tinted moisturizer. Remember water and oil do not mix! Thank you Wayne Goss for that tip.

 Recommended Products: I love NYX, Maybelline and Physicians Formula and  Laura Mercier for mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer!

3. Apply colour corrector and concealer where it is needed! I suggest to apply small amount, especially during the day time. I know we sometimes use too much of those products and it can appear heavy on the skin.

Recommended Products:   The NYX Dark Circle Concealer, NYX HD Conealer, MAybelline FIT ME Conceler and Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer  are my holy grail products for concealing.

4. Apply brow products and mascara! I love thick fluttery lashes as well as natural feathery brows

Recommended Products: I love NYX for brows and L'Oreal for mascara. I love a good waterproof mascara! I have been told both Maybelline and Anastasia of Beverly Hills make great clear mascara/brow gel!

5. Apply highlighter, bronzer and blush. The key here is to add luminosity, warmth and flushed appearance to the skin

Recommended Products: I adore Becca for highlighting, Too Faced for bronzing and Milani for blush.

6. Apply lip products after lip balm has absorbed into the lips. I love using a lip liner with a moisturizing gloss. Sometimes I will use a liquid lipstick or lipstick. Recently, I have been all about glossy lips!

Recommended Products: NYX,  MAC Cosmetics and Milani make great lip liners. As well I love NYX and YSL for lipgloss and they are both moisturizing and long lasting.


I hope this was fun for you and hope to do more of these blog posts! What products do you use to achieve fresh minimal makeup? **Again, feel free to use any products that you like. I am only recommending products I have in my collection and from my experience of using them.**

Hannah, xox

*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter
Instagram

* This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own. *



Comments

Popular Posts