Gratitude and Appreciation: Finishing University and Learning About Myself

Hey Everyone!

A couple blog posts back I mentioned how I had something exciting to share but was waiting to get "the official OK". The exciting news I wanted to share is... I finally graduated! I have been in university for about 6 years and I am thrilled to have closed a major chapter in my life. If anyone is wondering, I majored in psychology and minored in commerce!

Gratitude and Appreciation

My university experience has taught me a lot about life. Overall, I am thankful and grateful for this experience. I was lucky enough to have an opportunity to learn, become a better critical thinker and challenge myself. It is unfortunate how some people do not have the ability nor opportunity to attend school - hopefully that changes one day. I think some people do take their education for granted and believe education is limited to a classroom. Honestly, I believe we are constantly learning and growing regardless of the situation; in my opinion, university is one of many ways to learn and educate yourself. University is not easy academically. There is a lot of competition and that can negatively impact someone's motivation - at least it did for me at times. Although this can be stressful, I am appreciative of that because it taught me to keep pushing myself. I think every student has moments where they believe they cannot accomplish something and whatever that may be seems impossible to achieve. From my experience, that usually means a break-through is about to occur. Never thought I would be saying that but it is true!

Learning About Myself

Not only has university taught my a lot about life but it has also taught my a lot about myself. University is not for everyone but for some it can be an amazing opportunity to grow and change - it was for me at least. The person I was entering university is vastly different from the person leaving university. University allowed me to become stronger, smarter, flexible and more confident. As well, I became self-aware of my own actions, in addition to being more empathetic and sympathetic towards others. Also, I was able to figure out what my passions were. I enjoy learning about business, especially marketing. I think marketing is quite interesting and hopefully I will have the opportunity in the future to work in that part of business. I do want to mention no one owes me such an opportunity but if it came up, I would be thrilled. In addition to business, I enjoy helping people. I think creating a product or service that benefits the community and the individuals in it is amazing. Hopefully I will have an opportunity one day. I know I have a lot to learn about myself still but I am excited! 


I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! I know university has taken a lot of my time away from blogging. Fingers crossed I can post more blog posts haha! Also, I hope you all enjoyed this style of blogging. I am trying to post more of these personal blog posts! Perhaps I can share my tips to surviving university both academically and personally? I am seriously considering it. 

Thanks for reading! 

Hannah, xo

*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter
Instagram


Comments

Popular Posts