SMASHBOX COVER SHOT PALETTE REVIEW + SWATCHES

Hey Everyone!

Today I wanted to share my review of the Smashbox Cover Shot palette! I need to mention how I won this palette! A couple weeks ago, Smashbox Canada's Instagram page was holding a contest. I noticed the contest on my feed and decided to enter. In all honesty, I rarely win contests so I truly did not think I was going to win a palette. I think a week later or so, Smashbox Canada announced their 6 winners and I happened to be one of them. Some time goes by and I receive the palette at my door! I was so excited! If you know me, you know how much I love warm eyeshadows. This palette has been all over social media and some of my fave content creators have used it too. I have owned Smashbox products before and have always loved them. Their quality has always been superb - pigmentation and longevity are on point! :)

SMASH BOX COVER SHOT PALETTE ~ ABLAZE


Swatches - Part 1


Swatches - Part 2

Pros:
  • pigmentation - easy to build up colour and to achieve colour in pan
  • longevity - colour lasts and I did not notice creasing (I use concealer and skin tone powder/shadow as my base)
  • packaging - travel friendly, adore the graphic on the top of palette and love the mirror!
  • warm shadow heaven - beautiful rich warm tones 
  • consumer friendly - most people can pull off this palette (relatively universal - makes eyes pop and compliments most skin tones)
  • colour selection - Smashbox has more Cover Shot palettes other than "Ablaze", so you can find a palette or two that is perfect for you! 
  • Price - $35 CDN (great considering the quality and other palettes available) 
Cons:
  • more metallic shades need a slightly more tackier base to help them achieve their full pigmented potential ( not set concealer or eyeshadow base with translucent powder before apply metallic shades, as they will not adhere)

Overall, I am so happy with this palette. I truly receive a lot of compliments when I use this! I have brown eyes with a slightly green-gold undertone and these shades make my eyes pop! I was debating whether to talk about this palette but I decided I wanted to share my thoughts; perhaps some of you were debating on trying it. Let me know if you purchase this palette! If you happen to own any of the Cover Shot palettes, I would also be open to hearing your thoughts and any recommendations! :)


You can buy this product from: 


Hannah, xox

* This was not sponsored/no compensation was received *** Smashbox did not ask me to review this product. They were simply giving these palettes away in a Instagram contest- no review or mention was required.*** All opinions are my own. *

*Previous blog post here !

*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter
Instagram

Comments

Popular Posts