Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Haul and Review

Hey Everyone!



Back in December, I purchased my first two Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks - Patina and Fiery. I had heard so much about this product and had to give them a try myself. I was incredibly lucky to get Patina, as it had been constantly sold out - I grabbed the last one! Initially, I was not happy with the formula and did not think I wold purchase more but turns out,  I was applying them incorrectly. I will explain later in the post how to apply these properly. Next I decided to pick up Aria because of its deep magenta plum shade. I wore it on New Years Eve and it lasted throughout the whole night, just like Patina and Fiery did. Recently I purchased Beso and I am so glad I did. Beso and Fiery look similar in photos but in person, very different reds. The name alone was too cute to pass up!


Photos and Swatches!

From Left to Right: Patina, Fiery, Aria, Beso

Shades:

Patina 
  • dusty mauve rose 
  • similar to MAC Faux or Maybelline Creamy Matte Lust for Blush
  • looks amazing on everyone
  • I always get compliments with this at school or out and about
  • Best lip liner(s): MAC Whirl or MAC Soar
Fiery
  • Deep blue toned red
  • perfect red for the holidays
  • makes your teeth look amazing!!
  • classic colour 
  • similar to MAC Russian Red; I consider it Russian Red mixed with a bit of Diva 
  • I always get compliments with this at school or out and about
  • Best lip liner(s): Annabelle Cherry or MAC Cherry

Aria
  • magenta plum shade
  • makes your teeth look amazing!!
  • Similar to Mac Rebel but less pink and L.A. Girl Lip Glazed in Daring
  • Best lip liner(s): MAC Magenta, MAC Burgundy or Annabelle Lipliner in Bordeux
Beso
  • bright almost neon red
  • blue undertones but not as strong as Fiery
  • classic retro red colour
  • Similar to MAC Ruby Woo
  • Best lip liner(s): Annabelle Cherry or MAC Cherry




 From Top to Bottom: Patina, Fiery, Aria, Beso

Application:
1. Apply a good lip balm and/or primer. I like to use MAC Prep and Prime Lip Primer
2. Apply lip liner to even out lips and add a further layer of pigment. Fill in lightly as to not create a thick heavy layer. I find any liquid lipstick will not sit as well if doing so., 
3. Scrape off edges of product into the tube. This product is EXTREMELY pigmented and requires very little for it to cover the lips. 
4. Apply lipstick onto lips. It does not dry immediately so take time to apply product. I promise the end results will be worth it. 
5. Optional: Clean up edges with concealer and/or lip liner. 


Overall, I really enjoy this product and the shades available. I do not find them drying and they last roughly 8 hours on me. Even hours later, the product is still on my lips and my lips still feel quite good. They are pricey, $29 (CAD) but the product is well worth the splurge. They also layer beautifully over and under lipsticks. 





* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 


Comments

Popular Posts