DIY Spinach and Feta Calzones Recipe

Hey Everyone!


I wanted to share a recipe! I love to cook, especially comfort food and who does not like to indulge in  cheesy calzones?! They are very easy to make and kid friendly! My mom gave me this recipe she found on lovintheoven. I have adapted it to make the calzones even better!




Ingredients: 
(makes 2 large calzones)
*change to suit your needs and tastes
  • Dough
    • 2 cups of flour
    • 4 teaspoons of baking powder
    • pinch of salt and pepper
    • 1 teaspoon of italian herbs
    • 1 cup of greek yogurt
  • Toppings
    • 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce*
    • 1 generous handful of spinach, roughly 1 cup* 
    • 1 garlic clove chopped up finely*
    • 1 tablespoon of jalapeño chopped up finely*
    • 1/4 cup of feta*
    • 1 cup of mozzarella*
Method: 

  1. Preheat oven to 425 °F 
  2. Mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, seasonings)
  3. Add in greek yogurt
  4. Mix till dough just comes together
  5. Knead dough till soft texture with some extra flour
  6. Let dough Rest for up to 20 minutes
  7. Divide dough into 2 and roll each half into a circle
  8. On one side of the calzone spread on tomato sauce and around edges of dough add mozzarella cheese to stuff the crust and 
  9. Add toppings and fold over empty side of dough
  10. Curl in endges to conceal the cheese to create a stuffed crust
  11. Place on tray 
  12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
    • may take more or less time depending on your oven

**NAIL POLISH: OPI THAT's HULA-RIOUS 

Flour

Greek Yogurt

Baking Powder, Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper

Dry Ingredients Mixed together


Roll Dough Out

Tomato Sauce

Add Toppings

Calzone Before Oven 
Calzone After Oven

Gorgeous Golden Colour

I hope this works out for anyone who tries this recipe! Be creative and create your own filling! If you do try it out, let me know how it went. I am sure you will love this recipe.

 *Adjust to fit your own needs, tastes and health restrictions/concerns. I am not a health expert, Nutritionist nor a Dietician. I am just a student interested in living a healthier lifestyle. The purpose of this post is to showcase the healthier lifestyle choices I am now making.*


*Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 


Comments

Popular Posts