NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK REVIEW + SWATCHES

Hey Everyone!


As most of my readers know,  I love collecting and wearing lip products such as lipstick, lip liner and gloss. I rarely purchase a lipstick that is more expensive than a MAC lipstick, but when I do, I have done my research thoroughly and with much debate.

In 2014, NARS released their new line of lipsticks, the Audacious lipsticks. I had always wanted to purchase one but I could not justify at the time owning one of those lipstick with the $37 price tag. I purchased dupes when I was able to and was satisfied with those products. Over time however, I kept reading more about the rich pigmentation, long wearing, light weight Audacious lipsticks from all my favourite bloggers.

During late 2015, I decided to use a Sephora gift card and purchase my first NARS Audacious lipstick. I purchased the shade Anna and after I applied the product onto my lips, I was stunned. All the claims this product made seemed to be true! A couple weeks, later, I would purchase two more shades, Raquel and Anita, with my Sephora $15 coupon that everyone receives towards the end of the year. I cannot deny I felt pretty fancy walking out of Sephora with my high end lipstick. Oh la la !


NARS AUDACIOUS LIPSTICK

Packaging - sleek and sexy

From Left to Right: Raquel, Anna, Anita

Product Close-Up - NARS Raquel 

From Left to Right: Raquel, Anna, Anita

Swatches

From Left to Right: Anita, Anna, Raquel



SHADES:* description from Sephora
ANNA-  "Smokey Rose"* 
  • This colour is incredible unique! I rarely find a shade that is so versatile. Depending on the liner or your pigmentation, the cooler rose tones may appear more prominent. 

ANITA- "Antique Rose"*

RAQUEL - "Pink Beige"*
  • Probably one of my all time favourite lighter nude lip shades! perfect for every day or a glamorous smokey eye! 
    • Dupe(s): Milani Nude Creme
      • Raquel is more pink than Nude Creme but this shade is the closest dupe I own.  


Pros:
  • packaging -   adore the magnetized clasp! Definitely adds to the luxurious feel of the lipstick 
  • travel friendly - I will not have to worry about the lid on this product going missing
  • richly pigmented - one swipe. one. swipe. 
  • long wearing - last 6 - 8 hours
  • moisturizing - My lips never cracked nor became dry when wearing this product
  • finish - natural satin - soft matte finish 
  • colour selection - I purchased more nudes/mauve/ Rose but I am considering more bright shades in the future
  • light weight - for a highly pigmented product, this felt super lightweight on my lips
Cons:
  • Price - $32 US/ $39 CDN

Overall, I highly recommend this lip product. I know I am very late to the NARS Audacious fandom but these products are still worth mentioning. This would be perfect as a gift for someone who normally does not purchase high end lipsticks, loves lip products or in general a huge NARS fan! Do you own any NARS Audacious lipsticks?



You can purchase NARS from:


Previous blog posts:
RIMMEL LONDON  - The Only 1 Lipstick  Review + Swatches http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2016/01/rimmel-london-only-1-lipstick-review.html
OPI HELLO KITTY NAIL LACQUER COLLECTION  
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor Review + Swatches 
2015 Beauty Product Favourites 
L'Oréal Color Riche Le Matte and La Lacque Lip Pens Review + Swatches!  http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/12/loreal-color-riche-le-matte-and-la.html

* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !

Hannah,xo 




Comments

Popular Posts