Healthy Summer Lunch

Hey Everyone!


This whole summer I have been making the effort to live a healthier life. I still indulge but I make the effort to incorporate more health conscious options within my diet. For me to eat healthy food, it has to taste good. This is just one of the few yummy dishes I have made this summer. I have noticed positive changes in both my body and mood.






Raspberry and Lemon Water

Puree Raspberries and a lemon (no peel) and some water. You can use as little or as much lemon as you wish. There is no need for additional sugar due to the fresh raspberries and lemon. You can substitute with another type of berry.  


Greek Salad and Strawberry and Lemon Infused Water

Greek Salad:
Basic Vinaigrette: mustard, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar. *adjust to your taste*

Dice some red onion and place into the dressing. This helps reduce the bitterness and pungency of onion. Cut up some tomatoes or bell peppers. I prefer Bell peppers and add to dressing. Allow for onion and pepper to sit briefly in vinaigrette before adding in lettuce or cucumber. Add feta to salad. I like adding in steak or chicken to this salad.

Strawberry and Lemon Infused Water:
Cut up some fresh strawberries and lemon and add to a jar or thermos. Add in ice and cold water. Allow to infuse as long as possible. The longer the infusion, the more concentrated the flavor will be. 


I hope this helps anyone out who is in need of some yummy but healthier alternatives within their diet. 



*Adjust to fit your own needs, tastes and health restrictions/concerns. I am not a health expert, Nutritionist nor a Dietician. I am just a student interested in living a healthier lifestyle. The purpose of this post is to showcase the healthier lifestyle choices I am now making.*



Hannah,xo




Comments

Popular Posts