Rimmel Apocalips Collection + Review

Hey Everyone!



I have been using Rimmel's Apocolips for almost two years now and I am so happy I have these in my collection. They are richly pigmented and creamy - something hard to find in the drugstore. I have been wanting to share these for quite some time but waited till I had collected enough shades to review and tested with other products. These have been out for a while but I truly believe everyone should have these in their collections.




From Left to Right: Phenomenon, Stellar, Big Bang and Apocaliptic 

From Top to Bottom: Phenomenon, Stellar, Big Bang and Apocaliptic 

Pros:
  • pigmented - very little goes a LONG way
  • moisturizing 
  • inexpensive- under $10
  • compact - perfect for travel or going out *clutch friendly*
  • applicator - makes application very easy and effortless
  • scent - refreshing but very subtle
  • packaging - practical but fashionable
  • layers well with other products, including matte lipsticks
    • by layering these lip creams over the matte lipsticks, this helps prolong the wear of the lipsticks and help reduce any dryness
Cons
  • if apply too much, product may bleed or smear on teeth
  • nude shades are hard to pull off alone
  • some may require a lip liner but that depends also on personal preference
Shades:

Phenomenon
  • light peach- pink nude 
  • needs a nude lip liner to help make it wearable
  • great for highlighting center lips or lightening lip shades
  • similar to MAC Myth, Fleshpot and Creme D'Nude
Stellar
  • bright coral pink
  • love this for summer
  • great for brightening up the complexion
  • similar to both MAC Relentlessly Red and Impassioned
    • I like mixing this lip cream with Relentlessly Red
    • I like MAC Cherry or Annabelle Cherry for a lip liner
Big Bang

  • bright blue toned red 
  • perfect for a classic red lip
  • similar to MAC Ruby Woo
    • I like mixing this lip cream with Ruby Woo
    • I like MAC Cherry or Annabelle Cherry for a lip liner
Apocaliptic
  • bright magenta pink
  • perfect for a girly look featuring winged eye liner
  • similar to MAC All Fired up 
    • I like mixing this lip cream with All Fired up
    • I like MUFE Aqua lip liner 16c for a lip liner 



Overall, I love these products and still reach for them often out of my growing collection of lip products. They have a couple other shades I want to try out but for now, I am content with my current collection.


You can find these products at:


* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 




Comments

Popular Posts