Maybelline - The Blushed Nudes Review

Hey Everyone!


A couple weeks ago on my instagram, I mentioned I had purchased the Maybelline  - The Blushed Nudes palette. I had heard a lot about this product through other blogs and YouTube channels. Only recently has this product been available in Canada. I tend to favor these rosey toned eyeshadows so I knew I had to pick up this product.


Photos and Swatches Below!

Watch: Fossil; Sunglasses: Guess

*top and bottom left


*bottom left and right, top right

*bottom left and right

Swatches and Palette Comparisons:
I tried to take some photos of swatches but I had a difficult time showcasing an accurate representation of the eyeshadows. However, one of my favourite bloggers, Nouveaucheap, posted fantastic swatches of the eyeshadows and compared two other palettes to this product. I highly recommend you to check her blog post out!

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.ca/2015/04/review-maybelline-blushed-nudes.html

Pros:

  • price - ranges from $12.99 - $14.99 
  • packaging - gorgeous rose gold shade
  • travel friendly
  • some of the eyeshades were incredibly smooth and pigmented and did not require any mixing medium or water to intensify the pigment. * indicated favourite shadows above in photos
    • gorgeous intense metallic finish
Cons:
  • eyeshadow - they require a tacky/creamy base to help adhere the product.
    •  fading - eyeshadows will fade throughout the day
    • some lack intensity (required a base - creamy/ tacky)
  •  light gray and baby pink - finish is too powdery a
    • lacks pigment intensity
    • theoretically worked well with the palette but I never reached for these shades 



Maybelline - The Nudes and Blushed Nudes Palettes

I own both of these palettes in my collection but which one did I like more? Personally, I reach out for the Blushed Nudes palette more than the original palette (black). Again, I tend to prefer these rosey shades for my eyes. 

Overall, I enjoyed using this palette. I was not particularly blow away by this product. I think it is good for someone starting out and on a budget, but in terms of quality, Urban Decay or L'Oréal have done a better job with similar palettes, Naked 3 and La Palette Nude 2. I do plan on using this palette as there are some gorgeous shades!




You can find these products at: 


Previous blog posts:

My First D.I.Y Planner-Part 1 

Top 12 Nail Polishes for SUMMER 2015!

Family Dinner - Manicotti and Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Recipes http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/06/family-dinner-manicotti-and-lemon.html

TRESemmé Hair Products Review! 

My Prawn Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe 



* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts