Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks Collection and Review

Hey Everyone!


I am a huge fan of liquid lipsticks. Their consistency and gorgeous pigments have always attracted me.  Up until recently,  I had always passed by the Kat Von D section at Sephora but never thought about buying her products. Her products are uniquely packaged and stood out from the rest of Sephora's massive beauty selection. Eventually I would have to give in and try a product.

After a long day of summer school, I was simply browsing Sephora and noticed Lolita liquid lipstick. I had heard so much about this particular shade from Kat Von D beauty; it seems almost every blogger has mentioned this colour someone where and raved about it. There was only one left in stock and I knew it was meant to be. Just like everyone else, I feel in love with the gorgeous deep dusty rose- mauve shade; it reminded me of Velvet Teddy from MAC but somewhat darker. Soon after that purchase, I bought Bauhau5. Google images really convinced me to purchase this shade. Soon after these two purchases, I had heard about Kat Von D beauty extending her Everlasting Liquid Lipstick line. At first I had passed because I already had what I wanted but the more I researched, the more interested I became. Originally I wanted Bow N Arrow but after  swatching a tester, I  purchased Mother and then the following day, Lovesick. Mauves and dusty roses are some of my favourite shades of lip products.

From Left to Right: Lolita, Bauhau5, Mother, Lovesick
Clutch: H&M

Shades

  • **According to Sephora's website

Lolita:
  • Chestnut Rose** 
  • unique colour - changes depending on skin tone
    • I am quite fair and this appears more cool toned deep mauve rose shade if layered
    • if applying thin layer, appears lighter, more like a lighter mauve rose nude 
  • Lip Pencils 
    • MAC - Whirl 
    • MAC - Soar 
  • Dupes 
    • Anastasia of Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick - Veronica *based on swatches
    • MAC - Velvet Teddy
    • MAC - Twig

    Bauhau5:
    • Deep Raspberry**
    • definitely an attention grabbing shade
    • almost neon
    • Stains lips *not bad because it leaves a beautiful bright rose pink shade hue
    • Lip Pencils
      • MAC - Magenta
    • Dupes
      • MAC - Rebel
      • MAC - Flat Out Fabulous
    Mother:
    • Dusty Mauve Pink**
    • soft and feminine shade
    • if paired with right pencil, can achieve that Kylie Jenner lip colour but with a more pink hue
    • great for most eye looks - from smokey to simple winged eyeliner and lashes
    • Lip Pencil
      • MAC - Soar
    • Dupe
      • Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick - Ravishing Rose, especially when paired with MAC Soar lip liner
      • Stila - Patina

      Lovesick
      • Mauve Nude**
      • another soft and feminine shade
      • on trend with mauve nude and greige trend
      • great for most eye looks - from smokey to simple winged eyeliner and lashes
      • Lip Pencil
        • MAC - Whirl
      • Dupe:
        • Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick  Lust for Blush
        • Stila - Patina 
        • Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick - Stone* based off of swatches online

      Note: Stila's Patina liquid lipstick is almost the shades Mother and Lovesick mixed together

      Bauhau5 with Applicator

      From Left to Right: Lolita, Bauhau5, Mother, Lovesick

      Pros:
      • pigment - richly pigmented and therefore, do not need much
      • formula - liquid and cream hybrid
      • shade selection - from subtle to bold,  there is a shade for anyone 
      • packaging - perfect for traveling as it is sleek and locks nicely 
      • no product over flow once close product
      • not overly drying
      • long-wearing - lasted most of the day (6 hours) and with eating, 3-4 *depended on shade and what I ate
      • touch up friendly - due to the formula, I was able to touch up easily - no flakes nor bundling of product
      • lighter shades - not chalky nor streaky
      • Price - compared to other Sephora brands, not too bad at $24(before tax)
      Cons:
      • need a lip balm and/or lip primer for this to not dry out the lips *to be honest, this goes for all liquid lipsticks
      • Price - compared to other  brands,  $24 (before tax) is a bit steep
      • some shades are hard to get a hold of - *cough Lolita cough*




      Overall, I love these liquid lipsticks. They do dry slightly darker on the lips but still beautiful none the less. Definitely give these a try and I am sure there is a shade or more for you in this collection! 
        Relevant Blog Posts:

        Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick Review 


        Rimmel Apocalips Collection + Review 

        Where to find Kat Von D products:

        Previous blog posts:

        Quick and Easy Oatmeal Pancakes - Recipe 
        My First D.I.Y Planner-Part 1 

        Top 12 Nail Polishes for SUMMER 2015!

        Family Dinner - Manicotti and Lemon Blackberry Cheesecake Recipes http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/06/family-dinner-manicotti-and-lemon.html

        TRESemmé Hair Products Review! 

        My Prawn Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe 


        * This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
         *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


        Hannah,xo 




        Comments

        Popular Posts