My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands


Hey Everyone!


Today is the second installment of my five-part mini series for Canada Day. As most of know,
July 1st, aka Canada Day, is fast approaching! For the next five days, I will be featuring Canadian themed posts on my blog to celebrate Canada's 150th!

For today's blog post, I am featuring my favourite Canadian beauty brands. Some of these brands you may or may not know are actually Canadian! I think it is awesome Canada has been able to have such amazing brands not only available national but also internationally.



1. MAC Cosmetics

I am always surprised to learn how people do not know how MAC is a canadian company. MAC was created in 1984 and has been one of the beauty industries most successful makeup brands. Everyone has tried a MAC product at one point. Their lipsticks, eye shadows, eye liners and lip liners are common favourites amongst the beauty bloggers and lovers. I guarantee for most people, MAC was their first lipstick! I remember buying MAC "Lady Bug" lipstick - a yellow based red with a lustre finish! MAC recently launched their Canadian instagram and released a Canada Day themed lipstick, "Proud to Be Canadian". I highly recommend checking both out soon!


2. Bite Beauty

Bite Beauty has been growing in popularity and for good reason - they have amazing products! I love how most of their products are food grade. Most brands do not do this, so to see a brand ensure this is important is awesome! This popular brand from Toronto can be found at Sephora. Their lines include mainly lip products such as the amuse bouche lipstick, agave lip balm, multistick and so much more. Both NYC and Toronto have Bite lip labs, where you can go and create your own lip products.Perhaps if you are looking to create the perfect canadian red lipstick, try going to one of those. Just like MAC, Bite Beauty is releasing a lipstick for Canada Day. It looks like such a nice red!

3. Nudestix

I have never owned a Nudestix product but based off recent swatches in Sephora and all the positive feedback, I think they are a great cosmetic brand! I believe their products are vegan and cruelty free. As well, they seem to create products to create a natural soft complexion; I really enjoy seeing brands market that image because this allows anyone to embrace their natural appearance. Although I love seeing a full face of makeup, I do enjoy more natural and softer makeup for everyday.  I am hoping to try some of their new lip products soon; many beauty influencers like their products and consider Nudestix products to be in their favourites often.

4. Annabelle

I used to use this drugstore brand a lot when I was just starting with makeup. Their lip liners and blushes are some of my favourites; I consider those products to be better than some higher end makeup available at Sephora. I always recommend their lip liners to friends due to their pigmentation, longevity and ease of application. Sometimes I think people forget about these smaller brands but when you do try their products, you most likely will fall in love with them. I just learned recently how Annabelle is both cruelty free and inexpensive which I really appreciate to see drugstores here in Canada. Perhaps you will be wearing a Annabelle lip liner with your red lipstick this Canada Day!

5. Lise Watier

Lise Watier is a classic brand in Canadian drugstores. I know you can find Lise Watier in special beauty stores in the United States. Personally, I remember collecting this french Canadian brand's glitter eye liners when I was younger. Her entire range of makeup and skin care is beautiful! This brand'sbeauty line is considered to be more higher end than most drugstore brands but the quality is fantastic and thus worth the price. This brand is always bringing out new products each season, while showcasing makeup trends as well. I have seen her lip products , including her Rouge Fondants becoming holy grail products for many influencers. If you can, I highly recommend trying her products.

6. Marcelle

This was the first brand I ever used that was truly hypo - allergenic. I always recommend Marcelle to people who are very sensitive to cosmetics. Like Lise Watier, this brand has both beauty and skincare products available to use. This Canadian drugstore brand is known for the more natural makeup look. I appreciate the effort they put into their products to make them wearable for those with sensitive skin. Years ago, I could only wear this brand beauty products due to my skin sensitivities. They do not have the flashiest packaging but the quality of their products truly stands out from the rest.

Honorable mention:
 Lush

I know Lush is not a Canadian brand but they manufacture a huge portion of their north american products in Vancouver. In fact, their first north american store was in Vancouver on Robson street! Anyways, I really appreciate Lush and their efforts to be cruelty free and mostly vegan. As well, providing natural skin care and makeup products for those with sensitive skin. Also, they often donate a portion of their proceeds from sales to various charities and are very transparent with these efforts. I have mentioned this brand on my blog and Instagram many times, so you know I enjoy their products! I highly recommend taking the time to visit their website and reading about the company. I think you will learn a lot and probably want to support them from then on.


I hope you enjoyed this quick blog post featuring my favourite Canadian beauty brands! I know there are more Canadian brands like these but I am only sharing those I have had personal experience with.  Have you tried any of these brands? What are your favourite Canadian Beauty brands? Let me know! I would love to hear about it! :)


Hannah, xo


Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*

Comments

  1. Rocky Mountain Soap Company is a Canadian brand I like! They have a couple of makeup products but they mostly focus on skin care and personal hygiene products, and it's all natural and handmade in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! such a great company! I need to try their stuff as people are always recommending them! thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts