My Favourite Canadian Restaurants

Hey Everyone!




Today is the third installment of my five-part mini series for Canada Day. I hope you all have been enjoying these Canada inspired posts! As all Canadians know,  Canada's 150th is coming up soon - July 1st to be exact! I thought for today's blog post, I would share my favourite Canadian restaurants. I do enjoy going to more restaurants but I have been to these the most! These are in no particular order.


1. Burgoo

Burgoo is one of  best place for comfort food. I have gone to most of their locations in Vancouver and have had awesome experiences. I love their after school special, which is a soup and sandwich combination. My personal fave is their straight up tomato soup with their gooey cheese grillers! I have also tried their brunch and it was quite yummy as well. Their desserts are some of my favourite dishes ever; I highly recommend trying their mexican chili pot and sticky toffee pudding". For beverages I recommend their strawberry lemonade - super refreshing! Burgoo also sells a cookbook with all their delicious recipes, which I may purchase in the future. I shall update you all if I do end up buying it.

2. White Spot

I do not think I am able to write about my favourtie Canadian restaurants without mentioning White Spot. This restaurant is a favourite amongst most people here in British Columbia. Personally I love their clam chowder, dippin' with ceasar, bacon cheddar bigger burger and of course their fries! For desserts, I love their hot fudge brownie and the ultimate chocolate cake. Just like Burgoo, White Spot is one of the best places for comfort food. This may not be the most fanciest place to eat food but I do enjoy their food regardless. To be honest, I often crave their food, especially their burgers. If you can, I do recommend going to one of their retro drive-in locations; it is such a fun experience to eat in a retro style drive-in.

3. Stephos

I think most Vancouverites have tried this greek restaurant located both on Davie and Robson. They are known for their huge portions and line ups ahaha. I always leave feeling satisfied and interested in coming back. My personal favourite dishes are their kalamari dinner special and their hummus. I highly suggest going here before a full day of shopping or getting take out for a day at the beach. As mentioned before, there tends to be lineups due to their popularity but I do think it is worth waiting for.

4. Dannys Wun Tun

I have been going to Danny's with my family for so long now and I always enjoy my time there! Their chinese is food is probably my favourite! I love their wun tun soup, salt and pepper squid, honey ginger beef, garlic gai lan, congee, fried rice dishes and chow mien dishes. The staff is accommodating and willing to suggest dishes for you! I do suggest trying their BBQ dishes - probably one of the best you will ever have! They are located in Richmond but I do think the commute is worth it.

5. Minervas

Minerva's is one of the best Mediterranean restaurants in Vancouver! They are located in Kerrisdale, which is small vancouver neighborhood. My favourite dishes are their kalamari, moussaka, chicken souvlaki and linguine and garlic prawns. I should mention how different greek or mediterranean restaurants use either calamari or kalamari to describe the same dish - interesting eh?! This restaurant is family owned and very much involved in every single operation within the restaurant. They are super friendly and and care about their patrons.

6. Olympia

This is another favourite greek restaurant of mine! I love their pizza's! I have not tried one I did not like. As well, they allow you to custom create your pizza, which I do often! They do have other greek dishes besides greek-style pizza. I love their souvlaki dishes, spanakopita, hummus, calamari and greek salad. They are located in Kitsilano for anyone who is wondering! I do suggest ordering one of their pizzas for take out and have a picnic near by - perfect for sunny summer days.

7. Soho Tea Room

If anyone has been following me for a while, you know how I enjoy going to Soho Tea Room. They are located on Cambie, between 18th and 19th in Vancouver. They have both Taiwanese and Hong Kong Cafe. As well, they have some western-style dishes which are delicious too! My favourite dishes are their beef and broccoli crispy chow mien, egg tofu and broccoli, sliced beef pan fried rice noodle and salt and pepper chicken on rice. For their desserts, I enjoy this honey toast box dishes and thick toast. As well I love their bubble tea! I always get peach or strawberry calpis slush with pearls.

8. Pho An Nam

I love this vietnamese restaurant! I think this is one of my favourite vietnamese restaurants in Vancouver! This a small restaurant but is very popular. My favourite dishes are their spring rolls, salad rolls, and their lemon grass chicken. They serve generous portions and considering the cost of most of their dishes, it is a good deal! I think the commute to Richmond is worth it when you factor in good food and service.

9. The Keg

The Keg is one of my favourite places to go to celebrate a special occasion. I love their prime rib dishes, their fillet mingion, and their chicken and ribs. Their billy miner pie is a must; it is coffee ice cream cake with a chocolate crumb crust and drizzled with caramel sauce and toasted shaved almonds. They are expensive but if I have gone, it has been for a special occasion worth splurging on.  My favourite location is their Granville Island location! I went their for my 24th birthday and had a great time.

10. Mahony & Sons

This is one of my more recent favourites but basically I really enjoy the food and atmosphere at Mahony & Sons. Their chicken quesadilla, poutine, burgers and desserts are so delicious! I went to the UBC location the most and had great experiences there. I do suggest this place to celebrate such as finishing your degree, exams, papers projects or even someone's birthday! Their staff is friendly and willing to make your experience special. Also, if anyone loves patios, Mahony & Sons locations usually have a patio - perfect for those sunny days!


I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! Have you tried any of these restaurants? What are your fave Canadian restaurants? Let me know! I would love to hear about it! :)

Hannah, xo


Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html

My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-beauty-brands.html



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*





Comments

Popular Posts