Top 5 Essential Products For Summer

Hey Everyone!



Today is the fifth installment of my five-part mini series for Canada Day. I thought I would share my top five essential products for summer. For most Canadians, July 1st is a hot and sunny day. Most people will be out at local events and attending beach parties or bbq's. I know when I do attend any of these events, I want to feel and look good.


1. Sunscreen

Everyone always says to wear sunscreen, especially during sunny days. As well, this is an obvious product to add to your routine to keep your skin protected. Many people I know do not wear sunscreen because its an additional step to add to a routine, do not like how sunscreen feels on the skin or they have not found one that works for them. I encourage people to add sunscreen to their routine. Sunscreen not only protects your skin but depending on the ingredients within the formula, it can help soothe skin and prime skin for additional products. I think if you do find a sunscreen that works for you, keep it in your routine not just for summer but also for any other time of the year.

Sunscreens Brands I enjoy: Vichy and La Roche Posay

2. Waterproof Mascara

I have noticed people either love or hate waterproof mascara. Personally, I prefer a waterproof mascara over a regular mascara; I enjoy how it helps maintain the curl of my lashes and prevents smudging. People do mention to me how surprised they are my lashes have not fallen out after learning how I use waterproof mascara. For me, I think my lashes have become improved because I use more nourishing makeup remover options such as olive or coconut oil to remove my mascara. Almost every makeup brand has some waterproof mascara options available.

Waterproof Mascara Brands I enjoy: L'Oreal and Lancome

**If you can, I do think lash extensions and Yumi lashes are great options for summer days! If you can, check out Sunday Beauty Boutique. I always get my nails done by Catherine but she also does Yumi lashes and lash extensions too! I really enjoy her work wanted to share her awesomeness with all of you!**

3. Moisturizer

 People may tell you to not bother with moisturizer during the heat but I think it is important you do keep a moisturizer in your skincare routine. Your skin can become more dehydrated and thus lack the moisture to keep it fresh and plump. I suggest find a light-weight moisturizer that not only helps your skin feel and look more refreshed. Most people look good with a more dewy complexion. As well, I think if you can find a moisturizer that mixes well with your foundation or tinted moisturizer, that will help your makeup stay on longer; for example, if you have a water-based foundation, use a water-based moisturizer.

Moisturizer Brands I enjoy: La Roche Posay, L'Oreal, Vichy, Neutrogena

4. Sheer Foundation, Tinted Moisturizer, Mineral Foundation

You can still wear a something to even-out your skin and for your skin to appear natural. I enjoy using more sheer formulas, especially during the summer. The light is more harsh during the day so makeup will be more noticeable. I think the "less is more approach" is important here and your skin will appreciate it immensely. Not only will your skin appear more natural, your pores are less likely to become clogged and for there to be further skin irritation.

Sheer Foundation, Tinted Moisturizer, Mineral Foundation Brands I enjoy: L'Oreal, Maybelline, Laura Mercier

5. Cream Blush or Bronzer

Even on more natural skin days, a little pop of colour in the cheeks is important. Whether you enjoy bush or bronzer, there are lots of great cream based options available. If you can, try and find a shade that is a mix of a bronzer, blush and highlighter. I think that looks so natural and if it is a cream form, it will blend easily into the skin and last longer. I suggest using a small amount and apply on the apples of the cheeks, blending back towards your ears.

Cream Blush or Bronzer I enjoy: MAC cosmetics, NARS, Maybelline

Optional: If you want, you can add in a setting spray or a facial mist to refresh your skin. For some people and occasions, this is an important step in your facial routine. Sometimes I use a setting spray or facial mist but it depends on the situation.

Facial or Setting Spray Brands I enjoy, MAC, LUSH, Urban Decay


I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! As well thanks for the awesome support and feedback on this five-part mini series celebrating Canada's 150th! Happy Canada Day to all of those who celebrate and have a great weekend!


Hannah, xo


Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html

My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-beauty-brands.html

My Favourite Canadian Restaurants
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-restaurants.html

FASHION POST - Canada Day Inspired Outfits
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/fashion-post-canada-day-inspired-outfits_29.html



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter


*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*





Comments

Popular Posts