Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day

Hey Everyone!


I am starting a five-part mini series here on my blog! July 1st, aka Canada Day, is fast approaching! For the next five days, I will be featuring Canadian themed posts on my blog to celebrate Canada's 150th!


For the first installment of this mini series, I am going to share with you my top five places to visit in Vancouver, especially during Canada Day. You can visit these places any time other than Canada Day but some of these places are even more awesome during the July 1st festivities.

*click on the hyperlink to see more information*


1. Granville Island

 I think anyone who has visited or lived in Vancouver has been to Granville Island. I love the fun and lively atmosphere in Granville Island. My favourite place to visit is the Public Market. There you will find lots of local artists, food, music and so much more. My personal favourites are the fresh bagels, pasta and pastries available from a variety of different vendors there. I also love the fresh flowers available - everything smells so fresh! I know during Canada Day there are fun activities, including face painting, live music, art and crafts and so much more.


2. Steveston

Another classic place to visit in Vancouver. Steveston is actually located in Richmond - a suburb outside Vancouver. It is a small historic fishing village with a variety of yummy food, arts and historical sites to visit. I love the frozen yogurt from Timothy's and the fish and chips from both Pajo's and Dave's Fish and Chips. The scenery gorgeous and the people are super friendly. For Canada Day, there is the Salmon Festival. During the festival, you can sample a variety of different food, listen to live music and purchase local artists work. As well, there is a fun parade at the beginning of the day to open the celebrations!

3. Canada Place

During Canada Day, most people go into downtown and celebrate at Canada Place. From what I can remember, lots of local artist are there to showcase their beautiful creations and for people to purchase them. As well, local exhibits showcasing all things Canadiana are on display and some fun Canadian food is available too. As well, there are fireworks at the end of the day to end all the festivities. I think that is the most popular choice by far, as this event appeals to a variety of different cultures. As most people know, Canada is fairly multicultural and embraces all cultures. It is important to mention how crowded is can get there, so make sure to wear comfy shoes and bring enough water!

4. Stanley Park

I do not think I could forget one of my favourite places to visit in Vancouver, regardless of the holiday. This is probably our most famous park to visit in Canada. The stunning views over looking Vancouver with the lush greenery is a hit for most people. Lots of people enjoy taking a stroll, biking or even roller blading along the sea wall. As well, it is quite common for people to take a trolley, with or without a horse for a tour of this gorgeous parks. There are totem poles on display showcasing our amazing first nation artists - a must when visiting Stanley Park. It is important to note there are local bike rental places near by, so for sure take advantage of that! As well, stay hydrated and wear comfy footwear, as there will be a lot of walking.


5. Robson Street

I love walking down Robson street anytime of the year but Canada Day is one of my faves. There you can find a variety of different shopping, food and entertainment options. It is a very lively and multicultural part of downtown. It is often that people will shop and eat there before venturing off to Stanley park or English Bay. My personal fave places there are Zara, Aritzia, Red Robin, LUSH, Rocky Mountain Chocolatier and Sephora. I hope there will be more artisans and music available that day!


I hope you all enjoyed this quick blog post featuring my top five places to visit in Vancouver during Canada Day. Let me know if you have any other places you like to visit in Vancouver during Canada Day! I hope all of you who are celebrating have a wonderful July 1st. Cheers everyone and happy 150th birthday Canada!



Hannah, xo


Previous blog post here!


*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*

Comments

Popular Posts