Quick L'Oréal Product Review - Featuring La Palette Nude 1, True match Lumi Liquid and Powder Glow Illuminators

Hey Everyone!

A little over a week ago, I went to Walmart and purchased new makeup products; they were featured on my instagram here. Initially, I was not planning on buying all L'Oréal products but I am quite happy with the results.



L'Oréal La Palette Nude 1

I had previously purchased the L'Oréal La Palette Nude 2 and posted my review here. That palette is one of my favourites to use! I have featured it on my instagram as well. I was quite impressed with the quality of those shadows and I knew eventually, I would need to purchase the more neutral-toned version. I am not going to review extensively this palette because the pros and cons for this palette is the same as the more purple-rose toned Nude 2 palette. 

 I really enjoyed using this palette! It is great for a natural look or even smokey eye. In my opinion, this is not a complete dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette (original) but still a great neutral palette. I was impressed the mattes in this palette because of the smooth texture, longevity and the ability to incorporate them into a warm, neutral or cooler toned look. 
I was not able to swatch the shades on my arm but one of my favourite bloggers has a fantastic review on both the Nude 1 and 2 palettes. Personally, I think number 3 and number 5 seem to be similar to Urban Decay's Naked and Buck eyeshadows. 


True match Lumi Powder and Liquid Glow Illuminators (Rose/Neutral Undertone)



Swatches with Flash

Swatches without Flash

Review: True match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator (Rose/Neutral Undertone)
Pros:
  • illuminating
  • light pink undertones - brightens complexion
  • packaging - love the rose gold detail
  • travel friendly - mirror and brush 
  • relatively long-wearing
Cons:
  • large glitter particles
    •  far right portion
      • the rest does not contain large glitter particles and go on very smoothly
  • not good for dry skin or a matte foundation 
    • product needs something to stick to or run the risk of having chunky glittery bits on face
  • although it is meant for neutral skin tones, it comes across as icy and depending on the application and/or light, chalky.
  • needs more warmth
                 Review: True match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator (Rose/Neutral Undertone)
Pros:

  • illuminating
  • gorgeous rose gold colour
  • warms complexion without appearing too pink or orange
  • not glittery, subtle shimmer
  • fantastic for bronzing complexion or as a blush
  • long-wearing 
  • great as a primer 
  • does not break me out
  • great for using on top of foundation or mixing with foundation
  • packing - travel friendly
  • price - ($8-$9)
  • natural appearance on skin
    • initially seems too metallic but blend out beautifully
Cons:
  • packing - only 20 ml and if using everyday, I can imagine I will have to buy another one soon


L'Oréal Glossy Balms

I already have review featuring these balms here. I will not go into detail with these shades but I will say, I wish I had purchased these sooner! They are fantastic on their own or mixed with another lip product. If you love rose or mauve neutral lip shades, I highly recommend these two shades. In my opinion, Vintage Rose reminds me of MAC's Soar lip liner and Lovely Mocha is similar to MAC's Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy or Milani's Nude Creme. I truly fell in love with this product again! 
From Left to Right: Lovely Mocha, Vintage Rose
*Swatches with Flash 

From Left to Right: Lovely Mocha, Vintage Rose
*Swatches without Flash 


Overall, I recommend most of the products shown. I think the powder illuminator is not worth checking out but the liquid version is a must for anyone's collection. Do you own any of the products shown? What do you think about them? 

L'Oréal website:
Previous blog posts:
Current Favourite Liquid Foundations - Featuring L'Oréal Products http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/08/current-favourite-liquid-foundations.html
Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks Collection and Review  http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/07/kat-von-d-beauty-everlasting-liquid.html
Quick and Easy Oatmeal Pancakes - Recipe 
My First D.I.Y Planner-Part 1 
Top 12 Nail Polishes for SUMMER 2015!


* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !


Hannah,xo 





Comments

Popular Posts