Sephora Cream Lip Stain Review + Swatches

Hey Everyone!

Today, I am reviewing Sephora's Cream Lip Stains! I have heard so much about these liquid lipsticks from bloggers, beauty gurus on YouTube and makeup artists. I only purchased two shades from the range, #01 Always Red and #13 Marvelous Mauve.



Sephora Cream Lip Stain



#13 Marvelous Mauve


#13 Marvelous Mauve with Applicator 



#01 Always Red


#01 Always Red with Applicator 



Swatches


 From Left to Right #13 and #01


Shades: *description form Sephora 

#01 Always Red 

  • according to Sephora, this is a matte bold classic red*
  • perfect red for any occasion and any makeup look
  • Dupe: Stila Beso, MAC Ruby Woo, L'Oréal Shanghai Scarlet (but more matte)
    • all of these dupes have been featured on my blog before!
#13 Marvelous Mauve

  • according to Sephora, as the name suggests, mauve*
  • there is a lot of hype with this particular shade and it is well deserved! 
  • perfect everyday mauve shade
  • Dupe: Stila Patina, MAC Brave, MAC Faux (more pink than Faux)

Pros:
  • rich pigmentation
  • no shimmer
  • long wearing  -  4 to 6 hours  
  • decent shade selection
  • lovely vanilla scent - nothing sickly sweet
  • easy to apply
  • great applicator
  • price $18 - compared to similar shades or product, this is more inexpensive
  • travel friendly
  • moisturizing for a liquid lipstick
  • comfortable on lips
  • true matte finish
  • flattering on lips and does not leave that dreaded "butthole" look
Cons:
  • although shade selection is nice, I think more shades available and less shimmer is needed

These two YouTubers for sure inspired me to try these out! I highly recommend to check these lovely ladies reviews and other videos. They have more videos showcasing the shades and others in the range! I am sure you will love their videos as much as I do!







Overall, I think these liquid lipstick are great! For  anyone who is new to liquid lipsticks, I suggest to try these first. I think they are a great introduction into the wonderful world of liquid lipsticks. These shades were the only shades I really wanted and probably the only shades I will own for a while. 


You can find these products at:



Previous blog posts:
Top Valentine's Day Nail Polishes Featuring OPI, CHINA GLAZE, ESSIE , NAILS INC. AND BUTTER LONDON 
L'Oréal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss Review + Swatches 
NARS AUDCIOUS LIPSTICK REVIEW + SWATCHES 
RIMMEL LONDON  - The Only 1 Lipstick  Review + Swatches http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2016/01/rimmel-london-only-1-lipstick-review.html
OPI HELLO KITTY NAIL LACQUER COLLECTION  
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor Review + Swatches 
2015 Beauty Product Favourites 
L'Oréal Color Riche Le Matte and La Lacque Lip Pens Review + Swatches!  http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2015/12/loreal-color-riche-le-matte-and-la.html

* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *
 *Feel free to tweet me on twitter or tag me on instagram  @blushingrosexo !

Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts