Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks Review

Hey Everyone!


 I picked up the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks and have been testing  for the last couple of months to review for my readers. Rimmel has reformulated and repromoted this line just in time for the warmer months!  I never owned a Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick with the previous formulation but I heard they were hydrating and creamy.

I purchased the shades Nude Delight and Pink Chic. I was curious to see how they would wear on my lips as they were lighter shades. I should have purchased at least one darker shade but I was glad I did not. I will elaborate later. From what I remember with the previous formulation,  both of these shades were quite popular; I rarely saw these in stock at my local drugstore.


Pros:
- creamy and hydrating
- pigmented
- packaging is pretty and lightweight
- light weight formula
- has spf
- scent reminds me of summer (coconuts, rose, spf  and the beach)
- price (less than $8)


Cons:
- not long lasting but this line never made that claim
- formulation softens too much and melts easily within the heat
- colour range could be better
- I can imagine the darker shades feathering easily because of the formula
- Nude delight is not the most flattering nude. I have to pair it with a pink lipstick or lipgloss to counteract the heavy orange - brown undertones peaking through
- overall, shades are nothing unique and can find better products at the drugstore
- can actually taste the lipsticks flavor when purse the lips.
- scent can be strong


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks close ups and swatches:





 *Nude delight reminds me of MAC Peachstock and Pink Chic reminds me of MAC Angel but slightly more pink



*Easily melts due to the creamy formula. Problems we face with creamy lipsticks in the summer!




Overall, I  thought this was a good lipstick; however, I did not see myself buying one of these again after trying this product. Although they were hydrating, pigmented and have SPF, I did not find these to be eye catching or anything unique. As mentioned earlier, I think there are better lipsticks in the drugstore. After trying these out, I felt underwhelmed by this product. I love Rimmel and believe they have fantastic products but these lipsticks could have been better. 




You can find these products at:




* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *

Hannah,xo 

Comments

Popular Posts