How to Wear Liquid Lipstick - 6 Easy Tips!

Hey Everyone!


Yesterday was National Lipstick Day! As you all know, I love my lip products and have featured many on here! One of my favourite lip products are liquid lipsticks.  I love their longevity and pigmentation. People seem to either love or hate liquid lipsticks; I have some tips to share so everyone can love these lippies as much as I do!



1. Exfoliate and Moisturize Lips

Most people would agree that exfoliating and moisturizing your lips are crucial. If you do not exfoliate your lips when needed, liquid lipsticks will cling and accentuate those dry patches. When exfoliating your lips, exfoliate gently as harsh exfoliation can actually damage your lips. As well, exfoliate lips at night as to avoid sun damage - your skin is more sensitive after exfoliation. For moisturizing, apply a lip balm before liquid lipstick application and after exfoliating to replenish lips. This will also help pro-long the wear of your liquid lipstick. Before application, make sure to allow lip balm to sink into the lips and feel free to dab off any excess

2. Apply Lip Primer

I do not always use a lip primer but I do find they help with liquid lipstick application. Essentially, primers help further prep your lips to ensure protection and moisture. As well, some primers can fill in fine lip lines to help create a smoother appearance.

3. Remove with an Oil-Based Makeup Remover

Some people find liquid lipsticks difficult to remove and spend a long time trying to remove liquid lipsticks. I recommend using an oil-based remover to gently remove your liquid lipstick. This also further moisturizes your lips. Just like over exfoliating your lips, tugging and scrubbing excessively will only irritate your lips.

4. Apply a Thin Layer

A lot of people apply too much liquid lipstick! When opening your liquid lipstick tube, scrape excess product from applicator into tube. If you apply too much, you will hate liquid lipsticks; they will feel heavy, gloopy, and even may breakdown faster. As well, apply product to the bottom lip first and then purse lips together. By doing this, you can you can gage whether to add more product to your lips to perfect your application.

5. Mix with Other Lip Products

I recommend mixing other lip products with your liquid lipsticks to create custom shades, finishes and prolong wear of lip colour. Certain lip products will work better with other. As well, certain shades appear different after they have dried down. Sometimes adding another lip products will help prevent that from happening.

6. Try Different Liquid Lipsticks to Find the Best Formula for You

I like most liquid lipsticks but some are not my favourite. I love a liquid lipstick that is long wearing, comfortable, pigmented, lightweight and easy to remove. Certain formulas encompass all of this but some do not unfortunately. Both higher end makeup stores, counters and drugstores carry a great selection of liquid lipsticks. I highly suggest trying products from different price points - some of my favourite liquid lipsticks are found for such a good deal.


I hope you all enjoyed this post! How do you like to wear your liquid lipstick?


Hannah, xo

Previous post:

My Top 5 Handbag Beauty Essentials
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/my-top-5-handbag-beauty-essentials.html

Sheer Lip Colour related blog posts:

 YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil Gloss - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/ysl-volupte-tint-in-oil-gloss-review.html

Lancôme Juicy Shakers - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/lancome-juicy-shakers-review-swatches.html

Sheer Lip Products - Which is better? Featuring YSL and Lancôme http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/sheer-lip-products-which-is-better.html


Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html

My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-beauty-brands.html

My Favourite Canadian Restaurants
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-restaurants.html

FASHION POST - Canada Day Inspired Outfits
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/fashion-post-canada-day-inspired-outfits_29.html

Top 5 Essential Products For Summer 



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*

Comments

Popular Posts