Sheer Lip Products - Which is better? Featuring YSL Beauty and Lancôme

Hey Everyone!


Today I am sharing my last installment of my Sheer lip products series. This series featured YSL Beauty and Lancôme! I have already posted two previous blog posts featuring products from both beauty brands. I do suggest reading about them here and here . These reviews are meant to be quick, as many people online have talked about these before.

 Both brands carry similar sheer lip products but people often ask me, which is better? Personally, I enjoy using both and am glad I have them in my collection. Both give me that natural glossy lip with a hint of colour. As well, both lip products moisturize my lips well. However, I am aware that some people may only want one or the other depending on certain factors, such as cost, colour selection, moisturizing properties etc. I am sharing the major similarities and differences I think that are important to focus on.



Similarities

  • moisturizing
  • good shade selection
  • easy to apply
  • travel friendly 
  • scent is appealing 
  • feels luxurious on the lips
  • natural glossy finish
  • shades in both products are very similar
Differences

  • both are moisturizing but YSL is more moisturizing and feels like a lip treatment; if I do not shake the Lancôme glosses enough, my lips do not feel as moisturized
  • Lancôme glosses require shaking and the YSL glosses do not; I prefer not to have to shake my glosses for them to work at their full potential.
  • YSL only has one scent, which smells like Watermelon, cherries and other delicious fruit all together. I adore the scent but I really appreciate how Lancôme has a different scent depending on the shade. As well, Lancôme scents smell relatively realistic and are not nauseating.
  • YSL is more costly as compared to Lancôme; these YSL glosses are $36 CDN each for 0.20 fl oz and Lancôme glosses are for $29 CDN for 0.22 fl oz. 
  • YSL gloss is thicker and Lancôme is thinner - both feel wonderful though and not heavy. 

Overall, I think it is fine to have both in your collection. Again, I do suggest reviewing those two previous blog posts to learn more about each product. I thought I would keep this series concise, considering how neither product is new to the market; many people online have reviewed thesevlip products already and have shared great opinions on both. Have you tried these lippies before? Which is your favourite? Let me know! :)

Hannah, xo


Sheer Lip Colour related blog posts:

 YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil Gloss - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/ysl-volupte-tint-in-oil-gloss-review.html

Lancôme Juicy Shakers - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/lancome-juicy-shakers-review-swatches.html

Previous blog post:

My Graduation Makeup
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.ca/2017/07/my-graduation-makeup-featuring-tarte.html

Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html

My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-beauty-brands.html

My Favourite Canadian Restaurants
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-restaurants.html

FASHION POST - Canada Day Inspired Outfits
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/fashion-post-canada-day-inspired-outfits_29.html

Top 5 Essential Products For Summer 



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*

Comments

Popular Posts