Current Favourites and Misses #3 Featuring Urban Decay, NARS, Maybelline, Dior, Becca, Tatcha, L'Oreal and Cover FX

Hey Everyone!


Today I wanted to share my current favourites and misses for beauty! I have both makeup and skincare featured here. It is always interesting to see what ends up being a favourite product and what ends up being a miss! I have purchased and tried these products over the past several months.





*excuse the lighting in these photos. I had the camera set to a weird setting and tried to correct it in iPhoto. I wanted to keep the colours as true as possible.*


Current Favourites and Misses


Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipsticks

I love the packaging, concept, colour range, scent and price point for these liquid lipsticks but the formula was not my favourite. I love pigmented lip products but this formula is overly pigmented, making these gloopy, heavy and nearly impossible to remove. Initially they feel awesome but after an hour or two, I am ready to take these off! It is important to mention how I could not mix these with another lip product - nothing would stick! These are best suited for someone with experience using liquid lipsticks and enjoys long wearing over comfort. I think if you are trying makeup or liquid lipsticks for the first time, I would not recommend. 



NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

I love this concealer! I still adore the NARS radiant creamy concealer but I am always interested in trying new concealers. NARS is one of my favourite brands! One of my friends recommended this product to me and I am glad she did. It has a natural finish, medium to full coverage and good shade range. Initially I purchased the shade Cannelle to match my skin tone but later on, I purchased the shade Créme Brûlée to use under my eyes and to highlight with. These are pricey but I think consider the end result these are awesome. Like NARS Sheer glow, aka my favourite foundation, this wear even better throughout the day; Your skin will look natural and air brushed. I enjoy using them as eye shadow primers too! If you have dry skin like myself, I recommend moisturizing your skin well, especially your eyes to ensure smooth application. 


NARS Liquid Blush

This is another amazing NARS product. I love liquid and cream blushes and when I first heard about this product, I knew I needed to try it. I am a huge fan of the shade Orgasm - perfect peachy-pink. This liquid blush lasts all day, natural finish, easy to apply and I like the packaging. As well, the only critique I have is with the lid; I suggest pull the lid off as opposed to twisting to reduce any spills. I do not think I will purchase any more shades though but they do have a decent selection but they could have more shades to choose from. 


Becca Sunlit Bronzer

If you are looking for a natural bronzer and have dry skin, I recommend this product. It has a smooth almost creamy finish with a touch a shimmer. The shimmer adds a bit of glow but nothing 
disco ball-esque. I have a hard time finding bronzers to suit my skin type and ton; I love this for my dry sensitive skin, as it does not emphasize any dry patches. The shade range is nice but I think they could have more shades. These retail for the same price as their highlighters but it is very much worth it!


Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette

I. LOVE. IT. I know everyone has talked about this palette. I think it is great warm-toned eyeshadow palette. The shades are mostly matte with pops of shimmer and caramel/butterscotch toned. The only two shades I am not too fond of are Ounce and Chaser; I think both shades could have been more pigmented. Personally, I think this is the best Naked palette yet!


Cover FX Custom Enhance Drops (Highlighter)

I received these as a point perk from Sephora and I am not a fan. I love the concept and the packaging but the overall formula for this liquid highlighter is not good. I think the shimmer is rather chunky and emphasizes pores quite a bit. I have heard good things about their bronzers but not much about the highlighters. I suggest trying the L'Oreal or Becca for liquid highlighters over these. 


 L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

MY NEW FAVE MASCARA! I still adore my Voluminous Carbon Black mascara but I needed to try something new! Everything about this mascara is perfect - formula and brush are a phenomenal combo. I use the waterproof formula and my lashes feel soft and moisturized. The formula does not smudge or flake. Honestly, I have not had a bad lash day with this beauty! I highly recommend!!! 


Dior DiorShow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

I do not enjoy this masarca at all. Initially, I loved it but within less than am month, it became gloopy and hard. My lashes felt dry and heavy. I rarely buy expensive mascaras but I had heard good things about this one. Perhaps the non-waterproof version is better but I still do not enjoy it. I highly recommend trying the mascara shown above over this one. 


Tatcha The Water cream Moisutrizer

This is the first Tatcha product I have ever tried and honestly, I think this is not worth spending your money nor points on. I got this as a point perk from Sephora and I was underwhelmed. I had heard such awesome things from the brand and had hoped this would be a good product. It is a basic moisturizer with an expensive price tag. Perhaps other products are better within their line of skincare but I do not think this is worth it. 


I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! What are your current hits and misses? Let me know! :)

Hannah, xo

Previous posts:

How to Wear Liquid Lipstick - 6 Easy Tips!
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/how-to-wear-liquid-lipstick-6-easy-tips.html

My Top 5 Handbag Beauty Essentials
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/my-top-5-handbag-beauty-essentials.html

Sheer Lip Colour related blog posts:

 YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil Gloss - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/ysl-volupte-tint-in-oil-gloss-review.html

Lancôme Juicy Shakers - REVIEW + SWATCHES http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/lancome-juicy-shakers-review-swatches.html

Sheer Lip Products - Which is better? Featuring YSL and Lancôme http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/07/sheer-lip-products-which-is-better.html


Canada Day 2017 related blog posts:

Top Five Places to Visit in Vancouver for Canada Day http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-five-places-to-visit-in-vancouver.html

My Favourite Canadian Beauty Brands
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-beauty-brands.html

My Favourite Canadian Restaurants
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/my-favourite-canadian-restaurants.html

FASHION POST - Canada Day Inspired Outfits
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.com/2017/06/fashion-post-canada-day-inspired-outfits_29.html

Top 5 Essential Products For Summer 



*Let's connect! I would love to hear from you :)
Twitter

*This is not sponsored. All opinions are my own*

Comments

Popular Posts