Bold Summer Lips

I LOVE BOLD LIPS. I cannot get enough of bold lip colours. Anyone who knows me in real life is probably thinking,"Tell us something we do not know!" Personally, I wear vivid colours all year round. There is nothing more glamorous to me than a girl applying a classic vivid lipstick across her lips.

This warmer weather has inspired me to look through my lip product collection and pick out my favourite bold lip products.

From Left to Right: "Harlot" by OCC, "Heroine" by MAC, "Morange" by MAC, "Nylon" by OCC



From Top to Bottomt: "Harlot" by OCC, "Nylon" by OCC, "Morange" by MAC, "Heroine" by MAC,





Why did I pick these four lip colours? Because these colours are FUN. Their pigmentation is undeniably gorgeous; rich and vibrant pigments - how could anyone not love that?! These lipsticks are creamy yet long wearing, which is an impressive combination considering other lip products on the market.

The OCC's lip tars are essentially liquid lipsticks. They have a minty and refreshing scent to them. They are not drying and can last through a whole work day. Although these were long wearing, if I ate any food cooked in a lot of oil, that would reduce the longevity of these products - the oil acted as a makeup remover. Harlot and Nylon are VERY bright colours, especially Nylon. Harlot is a coral red, while Nylon is an intense neon pink with blue undertones. If you are bored of the classic lipstick, try lip tars. I promise you will not be disappointed. 

MAC lipsticks are probably one of my favourite lipsticks out there. Their vivid colours are known to turn heads and grab anyone's attention, especially Morange and Heroine. I purchased Morange because I was looking for a vibrant orange. This orange leans more neutral, with equal yellow and red undertones. As well, its satin finish made it ideal for comfort. I loved how this made my teeth look more white and brightened my complexion. Months later, I received  MAC's Heroine lipstick as a birthday gift. I had always wanted this lipstick because of its vibrant purple colour. I had never owned lipstick exactly like this, mainly because I was worried I would not be able to pull of this shade. Throughout this semester, I had debated whether or not to purchase this lippy. Finally, a lovely friend of mine surprised me with this lipstick - it was truly love at first application. Although this lipstick's finish was matte, it was so buttery smooth! I wore this to my birthday party and everyone loved it, especially me. 


You can purchase lip tars at:

You can purchase MAC lipsticks at:

* This is not sponsored. I paid for the lip tars and MAC Morange lipstick with my own money. MAC Heroine lipstick was a gift from a friend. All opinions are my own. *

Hannah,xo






Comments

Popular Posts