Burgoo Bistro

Ever have those days where all you want it just some comfort food? I always want comfort food. I love Mac n Cheese, Lasagna, grilled sandwiches, soups, stews and the yummy list goes on. As a lover of both cooking and eating delicious meals, I believe it is important I branch out and try new restaurants. Here in Vancouver, we have a large selection of amazing restaurants to satisfy any craving. I am lucky to be in a city where there is such a large selection, this allows me to try new delicacies.

Recently, I learned about this bistro called Burgoo. My friends and I decided to meet up at their Kitsilano location for lunch. We had not seen each other in quite some time and felt this was the perfect place to catch up. Prior to the meet up, I had been looking through Burgoo's online menu and debated whether I get the "After School Special" or the Mac n' Cheese - clearly my life proved to be very difficult. 

The day of the meet up proved to be perfect for warm comfort food - rain, rain and more rain. As we were seated, I looked around to see the restaurants decor. I honestly felt the restaurant interior reflected their food - pure comfort. Due to there being a holiday, we were given the option to have brunch. I decided to have the "Cinnamon Bun French Toast" because it combined some of my favourite things, Cinnamon Buns and French Toast. The dish was served with roasted apples, maple syrup and finished with butter in a cast iron skillet. This dish had so much flavor! I would highly recommend this dish to anyone as it was not too sweet yet incredibly satisfying. 


Cinnamon Bun French Toast:



If you are in Vancouver and would like to try some delicious food, I would recommend for you to try Burgoo.



* This is not sponsored.  I paid for this meal myself. All opinions are my own *


Hannah, xo

Comments

Popular Posts