Makeup for When You Are Not Feeling 100%

For the past couple of days, I have not been feeling 100%. Currently, I feel stuffy and moody - dream team right there. Normally, it is best to get more rest and not apply any cosmetics, however,  I have to be somewhere later, interacting with others - hello socialization! I would rather look as though I feel amazing, even when I do not in the inside. I was inspired by both Lisa Eldridge and Karissa Pukas; these beauty gurus have similar videos on their YouTube channels which are very informative and helpful!


#1: Cleansing your skin

I like to cleanse with an oil, especially on days when I feel like my skin is dull and lacks moisture. My oil of choice is Olive because it both cleanses and acts as a "moisture booster" for my skin. Essentially, I dispense a generous amount of oil into the palm my hand and massage it into my skin. Next, I take a warm facecloth and place it over my face; this method acts as a "mini spa treatment". Afterwards, I remove the cloth and pat dry. I will be posting a blogpost on this "super oil" soon.

#2: Apply Moisturizer + BB cream/Tinted Moisturizer

Next, I mix both my moisturizer and BB cream. I recommend using a lightweight moisturizer because of the prior olive oil cleansing step. I like to mix my moisturizer and BB cream together instead of applying them separately. For me, this is quick and easy - perfect if I am not feeling 100% or are in a rush. The key is to not apply a full coverage foundation, just something light. I do not want to feel like I am suffocating within my skin; however, I do want to even out my skin tone. I LOVE the moisturizer and BB cream from Bio Beaute. I will be posting a blogpost soon on these two holy grail products.

#3: Exfoliate your lips and apply lip balm

I prefer not to have rough, dry cracked lips when I am not feeling 100%. I suggest scrubbing lips with a gentle lip scrub. I like mixing olive oil or avocado oil with some sugar as a cheap lip scrub. After exfoliating lips, I apply a moisturizing lip balm. I like the Kiehls lip balm because it is both moisturizing and has spf. Our lips deserve sun protection too!

#4: Conceal blemishes and dark circles

This step is self explanatory; the key is to not create a heavy mask, just reduce the redness and darkness from the imperfections. I use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer for my blemishes and any redness. As for my eyes, I use a mix of my Maybelline Age Rewind concealer and the Too Faced: Secret to No Makeup Makeup palette (the concealer and brightener). Again, the key is to look bright and awake. It is important to note the darkness in the inner most corner of the eye; I suggest applying the concealer there to minimize the darkness.

#5: Apply bronzer and blush

I suggest applying both because when I am sick, most of the time there is no colour in my face. I love using the bronzing veil creme blush, both from Too Faced. These products are from the Too Faced: Secret to No Makeup Makeup palette. This really does improve my skin's tone and colour. I apply the bronzer to the highest portions of the face. Next, I apply the blush along the apples of the cheeks, blending up and out. This is optional but applying a luminizer to the cheekbones really does further illuminate the face. I use the luminizer in the palette mentioned previously.


#6: Apply a powder to set face makeup

I suggest using a powder as we want this makeup to last; however, nothing heavy! The key is for the skin to look glowing and youthful. A light dusting of powder will simply set the makeup. We all love cake, just not on our faces. I use Rimmel Stay Matte powder because I do not need to re - apply the product often which is especially annoying when you are sick.


#7 Apply eyeshadow, curl lashes, apply mascara, and fill in brows

I suggest applying sheer wash of colour such as a light champagne, rose gold colour to both brighten the eyes and add warmth. Sometimes when I am sick, my eyes appear dull and dark. I do notice applying this tone of eyeshadow does help immensely. I use either MAC Naked Pigment or L'oreal Amber Rush eyeshadow. Next, I curl my lashes and apply my favourite mascara. I use my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and my L'oreal Voluminour Million Lashes mascara (waterproof). Curling my lashes and applying mascara opens my eyes, creating an awake look. After applying mascara, I lightly fill in my brows to add structure to my face. I use either powder or pencil on days when I am not feeling 100% ( L'oreal brow artist shown below). In addition,  applying a white or a skin tone liner along the water line can help to brighten my eyes.


#8: Apply lip colour

For some people, the lip balm is enough for them; however, I love colour. Applying a bright lipstick or lipgloss brightens my face and my mood. Typically, I use either Maybelline Vivid lipstick in either Shocking Coral, Vivid Rose (today's choice), or Fuchsia Flash. For lipgloss, I use Clarins Lip Perfecter in Rose Shimmer, Maybelline Colour Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot or Essence's XXL Shine lipgloss in Just Gorgeous.


I know there are a lot of steps, but tailor each step to your own needs and tastes. These steps are not complicated so please give it a try.


Here are the products I used:


You can purchase those products at:

Too Faced Palette Review: 
http://blushingrosexo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/too-faced-secret-to-no-makeup-makeup.html
Check out these ladies!

Karissa Pukas: https://www.youtube.com/user/saturdaynightsalrite
Lisa Eldridge:http://www.lisaeldridge.com

* I was inspired to upload my own techniques from these lovely ladies! *


* This is not sponsored. I paid with my own money. All opinions are my own. *

Hannah,xo




Comments

  1. Love this post! I definitely want to try out the avocado oil and sugar as a lip scrub! Hadn't thought of that idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts